The Skinny Glutton

I can turn the grey skies blue!

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Gastronomic Saturday

This entry is pretty overdue~ wanted to blog abt it during the week. But I was pretty much occupied with activities going on!

ANyway, I met up with my two lovely girlfriends for a day of shopping. But apparently none of us had any "must-buyz" on our wanted list, thus, it ended up more like a eating trip. As I was having gastric flu over last week, and barely eating anything tasty (I sticked to eating soupy stuff everyday :( !! ), it was more like a "all hell break loose" kinda day for me!

I suggested this new xiao long bao rest, Nanxiang, @ Bugis, which is quite a famous rest in Shanghai.

We ordered :

the Red Bean cake ( white sesame seeds) & Cake with Cashew nuts (Black sesame seeds)

DSCN1168
Hot & Spicy soup

DSCN1173
Yangzhou fried rice

DSCN1176
& of cos the famous xiao long baoz

In my opinion, I prefer the other Xiao Long Baoz Rest as compared to Nanxiang.
The Red Bean Cake wasn't really fantastic. Ding Tai Feng serves better hot & spicy soup as the one in Nanxiang was too watery. The xiaO Long Baoz @ Nanxiang has pretty juicy meat and not so thick skin, but i think i preferred Crystal Jade's version, which is more juicy~.But I saw this King-Sized Xiao Long Bao with a straw sticking out for you to drink the meat juice. Looks interesting~ I'll try it the next time if I dropped by. The fried rice served was also disappointing. Rice was dry without much frangance. The one Ding Tai Feng serves scores high on my scoring sheet.
The only saving grace from Nanxiang is the Cake with Cashew NUts.
THis thing is really unbelievingly good and tasty. But I really got no idea what's inside the filling except for cashew nuts. Taste a bit liek the "Ma ti Su" *water chestnut pastry" that I luv~ :)
DSCN1177
Any idea??

I would drop by still for the King Size xiao long bao and of cos, my fav cake with cashew nuts!

We went over to Liang Seah St for desserts in the late afternoon after we r all exhausted from shopping ard.

My Fav Shop: Ah Chew Desserts

DSCN1188
From left clockwise: Mango Sago, Steamed Milk custard and Grass Jelly with Carnation Milk

One word: Good.

We went over to suntec, marina sq area to meet up with my SO. He was late. So the hungry 3 girls went to q up for dinner @ Sakae sushi 1st. And yes we had quite a spread again!

DSCN1203
quite evidently.

DSCN1212
and the 4 of us ate so disgustingly much that the towering nbr of plates seems to be taller than my dear friend.

5 Comments:

At 11/04/2005 11:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

duh... its the camera trick loh.. bleah =P

 
At 11/05/2005 8:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

shortie fangz.. wahahaha

 
At 11/05/2005 10:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bleah =P shoo go tadi.. dun hog the blog

 
At 11/05/2005 10:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

erhm anonymous is me.. webpage error

 
At 11/08/2005 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lousy kia..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home